COVID-19 Response & Vaccination
Hartley’s Crisis Management Team (CMT) is continually reviewing our COVID Response Plan. At this stage there is no new information that will drastically change Hartley Lifecare's current service delivery regarding COVID-19.
The nature of COVID-19 means that we must remain flexible and readily able to respond to the changing circumstances of the pandemic. That’s why, there will be a number of check points along the way so that each stage of the easing of restrictions can be assessed before moving to the next, ensuring the health and safety of our clients and the community.
Phase 1a (which Hartley staff and clients are eligible for) vaccinations commenced on 22 February, 2021 at sites across Australia in urban, regional and remote settings.
The Australian Government is consulting closely with key disability sector representatives and Hartley. This ensures delivery of the Phase 1a rollout for people with disability is both safe and effective. More information below and through the button link.
Please refer to this page for the latest news, updates and information regarding Hartley's response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Some people with disability and workers are prioritised in the vaccination rollout as follows:
- a person with disability living in residential accommodation (with two or more people with disability).
- a paid worker providing support to people living in residential accommodation with two or more people with disability.
- People with disability aged 70 and over, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability and People with disability with underlying medical conditions such as: immunocompromised, multiple comorbidities, chronic lung disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and severe obesity.
Hartley Lifecare has been part of an initial roll out of for the COVID-19 vaccine and we are excited to announce that all our clients have received the full dose of the vaccine.
Please note all Hartley Staff are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. People can book their appointment:
- Online – using the ACT Government booking system MyDHR
- Phone - Calling the ACT Government COVID-19 Vaccination line on 02 5124 7700, 7am to 7pm daily. People can request a call back and will not lose their place in the queue.
COVID-19 vaccinations are being offered in the ACT at
- Garran COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic
- Canberra Airport COVID-19 vaccination clinic (opening 29 June 2021)
- Calvary Public Hospital COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- participating GPs
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health and Community Services