Terms & Conditions
Thank you sincerely for your interest in participating in the 20th Anniversary of the Hartley Cycle Challenge. Please note that the Hartley Cycle Challenge is NOT a race, it is a participation ride. Each Bunch is only as fast as their slowest rider.
For the 20th Anniversary Hartley Cycle Challenge, we anticipate being oversubscribed and may need to restrict the number of Bunches per Team accepted to ride. Priority will be given to Bunches whose entry forms are received at Hartley by close of business on 29 March 2019. The receipt of an entry form at Hartley does not guarantee that a Bunch will be able to participate.
The entry fee for each Bunch is $12,500. If a Team has more than one Bunch accepted to enter this year’s Challenge, each Bunch will pay an entry fee of $12,500. Each Bunch and all participants are encouraged to fundraise as much as they can, to support Hartley to provide vital services for people living with physical and complex disabilities in our local community.
Each cyclist is required to establish a personalised fundraising page (within your team’s page) on the Hartley Cycle Challenge website to be able to participate in the event.
The entry fee covers food and accommodation across the event for the riders and the support crew only.
By entering the Hartley Cycle Challenge you are consenting to Hartley Lifecare Inc using images of you for the purposes of media events, launches and other public awareness campaigns related to the Hartley Cycle Challenge. Once a photo or video is published Hartley Lifecare Inc has no control over the subsequent use and disclosure of it. Hartley Lifecare Inc does not guarantee that any photo or video footage will necessarily be used in any media events, launches or other public awareness campaigns.
- A Bunch comprises of:
- A maximum 12 riders.
- 2 dedicated support crew (drivers) for the follow vehicle.
- Each Bunch must provide 1 support vehicle, this is the follow vehicle and associated fuel costs for this vehicle per Bunch. It is compulsory to have two dedicated support crew in the vehicle at all times across the entire 3 days. Hartley can assist with organising hire of the follow vehicle through Hertz if required. Each Bunch is encouraged to provide and tow a trailer that has the capacity to hold all of their bikes.
- The riders/drivers agree to assist the Bunch Captain to meet all deadlines for entry fees and other associated information required by the Hartley Event Manager during the lead up to the event.
- The Event is subject to directions by the Ride Coordinators and by the Police. Participants must obey the road rules and any Police, Ride Coordinators’ or Marshalls’ direction given in the interest of safety.
- It is paramount to everyone’s safety, that Bunch members have trained with their Bunch in the lead up to the event to ensure each rider has a full understanding of team dynamics and pre-determined hand signals you will be using whilst on the road.
- Cyclists must wear an approved safety helmet and appropriate cycling attire at all times.
- All support crew members must agree to attend compulsory training and watch the driver briefing presentation. The Event Manager will coordinate this through the Bunch Captains.
- All riders must have personal cycling insurance/membership. PLEASE NOTE insurance cannot be purchased through Hartley. Each rider must ensure this is completed by 31 October 2019 otherwise they will not be able to participate in the event.
RECOGNITION OF RISKS
I understand that:
- The Challenge will be physically and emotionally demanding
- My participation in this activity is voluntary and not compulsory
- There are certain inherent risks existing in the Challenge activity in which I will be participating. Although the organisation and its officials will provide me with appropriate directions and will endeavour to minimise my exposure to the risk of harm, I understand these inherent risks are beyond the control of beneficiary charity Hartley Lifecare Inc, First Aid Services Australia, Canberra Greyhound Racing Club, National Parks and Wildlife Services, Jindabyne Sports and Recreation Centre, Sponsors, Police and State Emergency Services, NSW Roads and Maritime Services, all local councils, volunteers and staff and cannot be avoided by the exercise of reasonable care and skill. As such, I agree to indemnify against any action that may arise from an incident resulting from their participation in the event. Inherent risks include changes in weather conditions.
- I am aware that there are some risks that are common to many or all of the activities in which I may participate, such as the risk of harm caused by varying weather conditions, by uneven or changing terrain and by native flora and fauna. However, some activities in which I may participate carry with them risks of harm that are particular to that activity, such as the following risks:
· losing control of bike and colliding with obstacles such as trees, fences, rocks or other cyclists
· falling from bike, possibly at speed
· being injured in an area not readily accessible for emergency services
· colliding with a vehicle travelling on the road
- I understand that as a representative of Hartley Lifecare over the three day duration of the Challenge, that as I partake in the Challenge or any activity outside of the Challenge, that I will act in a manner that is safe, sensible and courteous to others. I also understand that my cycling insurance may not cover outside the Challenge cycling activity.
- I authorise Hartley Lifecare to arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services on my behalf and at my cost, in the event of my injury or illness, as is deemed necessary.
- When participating in the Challenge activities, I will ensure that I attend with each of the items listed on the personal gear list for the activity. I understand that Hartley Lifecare, its volunteers and staff will endeavour to keep personal items safe but that they accept no responsibility for the safekeeping of those items.
- I have read and agree to the “Terms & Conditions” and Recognition of Risks as set out in this Rider and Driver entry Form. I understand that compliance with these “Terms & Conditions” and Recognition of Risks is required before I will be permitted to participate in the 2018 Hartley Cycle Challenge.
- I agree to comply with all safety requirements and event instructions given by Hartley Lifecare employees and volunteers throughout the three day event.
- I also understand that it is a condition of participation in any of these activities for me to accurately complete the medical conditions section and to hold current personal cycling insurance for bike activities.