Current Position Openings
Live In Keyworker
Please be aware that this a homeshare arrangement. Which requires assistance for a person with disability, including sharing their home (further details below).
Accordingly we request that only serious applicants apply.
Have the ability to work within this unique residential model as a Live in Keyworker? We are looking for the right individual who is enthusiastic, reliable, and committed to supporting a young man in his own home. Coordinate staff and to work closely with his family to provide a healthy and fulfilling life for this young man.
- Interested in sharing a home with, and being an ambassador in the community for this young man?
- Energetic, innovative and believe in inclusive opportunities for people of all abilities?
- Able to be part of a young man's life, including interests, assisting with his general daily living requirements?
- Able to respect, value and understand his needs?
- Be a good and positive role model?
- Able to work effectively within a team environment, as well as working independently with a creative and innovative approach?
As the Live in Keyworker you will:
- Share a 3-bedroom house rent free
- Share household expenses
- Be paid a salary
- Be employed through Hartley Lifecare
- You will work with the young man to look for and act on opportunities to improve his life within the broader community
- Attend to this young man's life through personal health, physical and emotional needs/wellbeing
- Shop with this young man, and prepare healthy balanced meals from fresh food
- Treat the home with respect and maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Have alternate weekends off and two nights off a week
- Have 4 weeks annual leave
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Hold a Senior First Aid Certificate, current Australian driver's licence and car
- Obtain and maintain a working with vulnerable people card.
Established in 1962, Hartley Lifecare (Hartley) is a Canberra-based not-for-profit organisation providing supported accommodation for people with disability, their families and carers. Originally established to provide a learning facility and therapy support service for children and adults, Hartley has grown extensively to support clients in over 30 homes across the ACT. Over the last six decades, families have grown to rely on and trust Hartley to deliver high quality, person centred support.